Just in time for summer, we are nearing completion of the building exterior repairs, updates, and construction at Palm Beach resort. You can view the previous update here.
Here is the tentative construction schedule, dependent on weather and external factors. It is subject to change. In addition, below are key bullet points from our recent construction meeting that will shed light on our progress:
- The work days will continue as follows: Monday – Friday 7 AM to 5 PM with restrictions to noisy work to begin after 8 AM.
- Saturday and Sunday will have an 8 AM start time with noisy work to begin after 9 AM.
- All the common hallways have been painted.
- Dryer vents have been replaced and the sheer walls have been painted in all courtyards.
- The floors 2 through 5 walkways have all been painted.
- The ground floor walkway and balcony floor painting commenced this week. All ground balconies have been painted.
- All courtyards are nearly complete with all balconies, ceiling to floor painted and sealed. New turtle friendly lights have been installed on most of these balconies.
- The handrails are being delivered for the walkways and balconies weekly. The A building balcony handrails are complete and the B building balconies are 2/3 complete. All balconies that are not undergoing handrail replacement are open currently. During the handrail replacement, balconies are being closed again for roughly three days. We will unpin the balconies as the handrails are installed and inspected. Once re-opened with new handrails they will remain open.
- Handrails for some of the common walkways have been delivered and are being installed during the next two weeks (mostly A building and some B.)
- All in all, due to weather, the project has been delayed 23 days. We are tentatively looking to complete construction by the end of this month.
The work is noisy at times so please bear with us during this beautification project. In addition, be mindful that Phoenix Gulf Tower construction has commenced next door and there is a good deal of additional noise being heard from their work.
Thank you all for your continued patronage of Palm Beach Resort!